- Magic herb for healing and soothing
- Restructuring / Bio-Energizing
- Cell Energizing
- Stimulation of Connective Tissue
- Constituents Synthesis
Centella Asiatica is particularly known for its healing properties. It is also nicknamed "Tiger Herb" because in Bengal, tiger hunters used to follow these big games by observing the damaged Centella Asiatica brushes. The wounded tigers actually used to heal their injuries by rolling up in Centella Asiatica. This plant is considered in Indian Pharmacopoeia as an almost "magic herb". In cosmetology, it was discovered healing and soothing virtues.
Identification of Ingredients in the Centella Asiatica
- Colored reaction: Phenolic derivatives, Flavonoids
- Chromatography: Flavonoids, Trierpenoid Saponosides (asiaticoside)
Areas of Activity
- The trierpenes of Centella Asiatica ,and more particularly, asiatic acid stimulate collagen and elastin biosynthesis. Centella Asiaticais firming, regenerant and anti-irritations.
- Centella Asiatica has also a soothing action on skin inflammation and disinfection and a dis-infiltrating action, It can be used in the care of "orange peel like" skin.
- Centella Asiatica it is therefore used in the drainage of water and adipous overleads.
- L.Bezange-Beauquese, M. Pinks, M.Torck, E. Trotin, Les Plantes Medicines dans la Therapeutique Moderne
- British Herbal Pharmacopoeia
- F. Dovault - L'Officine -XXIIe Edition
- LE Maout & Decaisine-Truite de Butanique